The Super Nick Benevolent Scholarship Fund was established in 2017 to help provide an opportunity for every child who wants to play hockey. The Fund honors the memory of Nick DeFelice, a former Hawks player who will always be remembered for his determination, spirit, and love for the sport of hockey. It is designated to provide financial assistance to GLYSA participants that demonstrate a financial need under the provisions of this program.
The Scholarship Fund
- Funds donated to GLYSA and designated to the Super Nick Benevolent Scholarship will be used to support the participation of GLYSA participants with demonstrated financial need.
- The number of scholarships and the specific levels of assistance will vary based on the specific needs of the applicants and the available funds.
- Scholarships are granted on a per season basis. Applicants must reapply each season.
- Awards will be at the full discretion of the GLYSA Executive Board of Directors.
- All scholarships will be applied as credit to the players GLYSA account and will not be provided as cash.
Criteria for Scholarship
- All players that meet the eligibility requirements to play in the GLYSA are eligible to apply for financial assistance.
- The applicant must be in good standing with GLYSA.
- All applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicants must email a confidential financial assistance application to email@example.com In the subject line put Super Nick Benevolent Scholarship. Applications can also be mailed to the address below. Application Form (pdf)
- The Executive Board will review all applications and determine the grants based on eligibility, the total number of applicants, the amount of available funds, and other factors considered relevant.
- The Executive Board reserves the right to request additional information at the time the scholarship is being considered.
- Applicant’s names and all information provided will be kept strictly confidential. Only the Executive Board will review the applications.
- All decisions of the scholarship committee are final.
Donations to the Super Nick Benevolent Scholarship can be made payable to GLYSA, and mailed to the following:
Super Nick Benevolent Scholarship
c/o GLYSA Treasurer
P.O. Box 1536
Lowell, MA 01850
Please indicate your intentions to designate the check to the Super Nick Benevolent Scholarship in the memo field of your check.
Contact the treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.